Girl Scout Cookie Shot - Picture Cookie Monster
Girl Scout Cookie Shot
- Girl Scout cookies are any of several varieties of cookies sold by Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) as a fundraiser for their local Scout units. Members of the GSUSA have been selling cookies since 1917 to raise funds. Top-selling girls can earn prizes for their efforts.
- A person's daughter, esp. a young one
- female child: a youthful female person; "the baby was a girl"; "the girls were just learning to ride a tricycle"
- daughter: a female human offspring; "her daughter cared for her in her old age"
- A female child
- A young or relatively young woman
- a young woman; "a young lady of 18"
- changeable: varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles; "changeable taffeta"; "chatoyant (or shot) silk"; "a dragonfly hovered, vibrating and iridescent"
- Interspersed with a different color
- Ruined or worn out
- (of colored cloth) Woven with a warp and weft of different colors, giving a contrasting iridescent effect when looked at from different angles
- shooting: the act of firing a projectile; "his shooting was slow but accurate"
- a solid missile discharged from a firearm; "the shot buzzed past his ear"
The Girl Scouts of America are having their annual cookie
sale again. One of my biggest weaknesses is the Thin Mint Cookies.
I've decided to title this "My Temptation" because it is a temptation for me ... one that I usually give into. Sadly, I could finish an entire box all by myself. Because I've done it before. I've been inspired to try to create a series of shot
s focusing on a similar theme of temptation/reconciliation, and I hope this is the first of several shot
s. We'll see if that idea comes to fruition soon eno
With this shot, I'm trying to practice some lighting techniques a little better, but I still struggle with getting it right in the limited space that I have. In time, I hope to master some lighting techniques (and in the process find more space to better compose the shot the way I want as well). I figured to try a B&W because I wasn't satisfied with the color version. With a crop and a few layer adjustments, I kinda feel okay about this shot (again, if I had some more space and better lighting options, I could have composed the shot much differently, and probably much better). This "still life" stuff is a lot harder than I imagined it could be.
But maybe I'm taking the temptation to be sloppy and cut corners, and then make excuses for why I couldn't try my best. I realize this isn't my best, but then how can I grow if I don't continually strive to get better and admit my shortcomings. It's like eating those cookies - a bad habit begets more bad habits if no
t stopped soon eno
ugh. It only makes striving for greatness that much harder in the end.
Girly Shots at Nellie's
ther mandatory stop along the way. You must go to Nellie's (a gay sports bar on U Street) at some point along the way and all members take a "girl
y" shot (examples: redheaded slut, girl scout
cookie, lemon drop, PB&J, etc), followed by stealing one of the news clippings from the bulletin board above the urinals in the men's restroom. This is MANDATORY. If you fail to do this, your team will be disqualified. You must get a picture of your team taking said girly shot. 3 extra points if you get the bartender to take one with you (must be in picture)
Similar posts: pressure cooker carrots dane cook tours 2011 chili recipe slow cooker chinese almond cookies recipe real clear cookies oatmeal cookies with cranberries christmas sugar cookie decorations ottawa cook jobs
- (月) 19:52:48|
- Category: None